March 5 - 64/365

3/6/10

28-135mm lens @ 60mm, f/4.5, 1/25, ISO 1600

I've been struggling with my inspiration for photos lately. Mostly because I've been at home every night taking care of a sick husband. And being at home each night staring at the same stuff can drain your inspiration. I chose to try taking a photo of my husband's guitar effects rack because it is kind of interesting [and super complicated!] but also because I was hoping it would be an easy photo to transition to black and white. One of the Project 365 groups I belong to is incorporating themes into each month's photos, and March is monochrome month! While I love color, I like that this will help encourage me to try looking at what photos will transition well to monochrome which means they need to look like they have good contrast to begin with so that the features will jump out. I thought this effects rack would provide good contrast, and it did, but I think I am going to need to refine and adjust my monochrome transition in the photo editing software to maximize the final result.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP