March 19 - 78/365

3/19/10

50mm lens, f/3.2, 1/125, ISO 200

Two points to make today. First, I finally caved and bought a 50mm prime lens. I have been wanting to get one for a while, and while they are very affordable, I can't buy every gadget I want at the same time, affordable or not. :-) So I held out on this one for a bit, but finally went ahead and got the lens today. It. Is. Awesome. I tried just a few shots at the full open f/1.8 setting, but the picture I ended up choosing for today worked better at a smaller f-stop setting. My second point - I realized after I took a picture of the crocuses on Wednesday that I should have taken a different picture that day. It was St. Patrick's Day - the best picture would have been of a clover. So I took one today instead of some clover in my backyard. Usually I hate clover - it's a weed I have to kill so it doesn't take over my grass - but today, I was happy to see it there. :-)

2 comments:

Jennifer March 20, 2010 at 4:49 PM  

Exciting about the 50mm! It really is such a great lens.

Unknown March 22, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

Yeah, have fun with the lens. I tend to find with mine that it's a bit 'soft' wide open, so I usually end up doing the bokeh shots at about 2.8, it's such a good lens though, I probably shoot with it more than any other.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP