March 22 - 81/365

3/23/10

75-300mm lens @ 75mm, f/4.0, 1/125, ISO 1600

My husband has two passions - guitar and soccer. He has always played, and excelled, at both as long as I've known him. While he used to play on up to four soccer leagues per week, busy work schedules and such have cause him to limit himself to only two teams a week, both of which play games on the same night. It had been a while since I had attended one of his games, and since he was only playing in one game tonight, I decided to tag along and try my hand at some sports action shots for my picture of the day. Let me just say that while I never thought sports photography was easy, I definitely have a new-found respect for the photographers that do such an amazing job and capturing all those amazing action shots at sporting events. Of course I realize that part of my difficulty in obtaining "perfect" images tonight was the indoor lighting, my use of a telephoto lens that only has a maximum aperture of 4.0, and the fast movement of the players. Even with upping my ISO setting to 1600 and taking the photos at a shutter speed a bit faster than the lighting allowed for, hence the grainy quality and slight blur of the photo, it still wasn't good enough to fully freeze the action. But I made the best of what equipment I had to work with, and did manage to get a couple shots I was decently pleased with, including this shot of my husband making a dash for the goal [which he did score on, by the way :-)].

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP