February 6 - 37/365

2/6/10

28-135mm lens @ 95mm, f/8, 1/160, ISO 300

I am happy to report that the snow has definitely stopped. For those of you reading this post that don't live in the DC metro area, we were bombarded with one of the biggest snowstorms we have had in years. I remember watching a similar snowstorm of this size in 1996. I think we hit close to 3 feet of snow that time. I specifically remember this event because I was a junior in high school at the time, which meant that I would not have the privlege that the seniors did of not making up the ton of snow days that ensued from the storm. I might miss out again this time since the storm hit over the weekend! But we made it through the storm and have successfully dug ourselves out of ~30 inches of snow, allowing us to walk around our neighborhood and take some great pictures of the storm results!

On a side note, I chose this particular picture for today becuase one of the Project 365 groups I am following on Flickr has incorporated themes for each month, partly as a challenge and partly as a source of inspiration. So I thought I would try to incorporate some shapes into my photos this month, and this one seemed to fit that bill!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP