February 12 - 43/365

2/14/10


28-135mm lens @ 53mm, f/4.6, 1/2", ISO 1600

Sad to say, these are the only two photography books I own. In their defense, they have served me well up to this point. I learned a lot of basic techniques from the "Everything Photography" book, which i received as a gift when I got my first 35mm SLR years ago. And of course the other book has served as a reference guide for the photo editing software I currently use.

But, I feel like I have outgrown my books. I went back to the "Everything Photography" book to look for some new tips/ideas, and realized it is quite outdated. Yes, some photography basics never change. But a lot of the info is centered around 35mm cameras, and I now own a digital SLR with lots more features, buttons, options, etc. So I feel that it is time to look into getting some new books, but I'm not sure which to try. Anyone have any suggestions for some good go-to books on photography techniques?

1 comments:

Mali.S February 15, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

I'm not good at reading that kind of books (i baught the "how to use your Canon 400D" (I guess it's the european name for the Rebel DSLR) 8 month ago, I still haven't finished it yet).
But, i found the books (e-books as well as his "within the frame" book) of David duChemin very well written, with a lot a good ideas and explanations. It's not specific to one kind of camera, and they are more about "how to be a better photographer, how to make better pictures..."
Here is his website : http://www.pixelatedimage.com/blog/
Have a try!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP