February 21 - 52/365

2/21/10

28-135mm lens @ 135mm, f/5.6, 1/80, ISO 400

I was feeling a bit lazy today when it came to hunting for a photo, especially since I had spent most of my time today on other, more pressing projects. So I lazily took this photo through my kitchen window of some holly berries that are on a tree branch still drooping from the recent heavy snow and ice.

After uploading the image in the computer tonight, I noticed the image had more "noise" in it than I expected. At first, the perfectionist part of me thought "arrrgh - it's not perfectly clear... it's not usable." And then the part of me that has become more open to new effects in my photos thought "actually... I kind of like the grain. It doesn't really affect the main subject of the photo, the berries, and I like that it gives the image a little extra texture. It's 'perfect'!"

Along this line of thought, I've noticed that sometimes if I look at my photos too quickly after I've taken them, they are more likely to not measure up to the image I still have fresh in my head. If I leave a little time between image capture and editing, I tend to look at my photos with a fresh eye, like today's photo. Does this ever happen to you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP