February 2 - 33/365

2/2/10

28-135mm lens @ 44mm, f/4.0, 1/200, ISO 800 with bounce flash

Ahhh... the dream of spring. Of course it is snowing outside as I write this, and the Groundhog, Punxsatawney Phil , announced today that spring will be delayed for another six weeks. Bummer. Until then, I will be trying to stay warm and reading about all the fun things that will come with the warmer weather!

On a side note, I did something I usually don't do with this picture - I shot my camera on full manual mode. As I've been taking pictures this past month, I've been paying more and more attention to the settings the camera is choosing for certain shots, and I knew what settings I "needed" the camera to have for this picture to turn out the way I envisioned. Hopefully I can do this more often!

1 comments:

elizabethashleyphoto February 2, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

So great that you shot in full manual mode! That's been a recent hurdle for me, so I understand the excitement.

I used to read on photography blogs about how people "taught themselves" how to use their camera and you just have to go out and do it and try things and yada yada... SO TRUE! I just starting doing it, and a couple months later, it's completely natural!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP