January 30 - 30/365

1/31/10

28-135mm lens @ 95mm, f/5.6, 1/60, ISO 400 with flash

What a day. Today was the day we had planned for my husband's 30th birthday party. It was also the day that a rather unexpected 6inch snowstorm crippled central Maryland, effectively knocking most of our anticipated guests out of commission. I realize 6inches of snow doesn't sound like much, and it shouldn't be enough to cause so many problems, but sometimes in this area, when road authorities/workers are unprepared, it does. We were both really worried that no one would be able to come to the birthday party and there wasn't much hope of being able to reschedule for a variety of reasons, but luckily a few of our friends that live closer by were able to make it to our house. So while the evening didn't quite go as planned, we ended up having a blast, resulting in the best thanks imaginable - a great big smile on my husband's face, captured in this photo.

One side note, this picture was taken with a new lens I just purchased this week! Got a great deal on a gently used Canon 28-135mm lens [with USM, IS]. I bought this lens with the intention that it will be a great walk around lens. I'm especially hoping that it will serve to replace my 18-55mm & 75-300mm lenses as an all purpose walk around lens when we are on vacation.

Oh, and the cake was a hit! And sooo yummy.... check out some photos of the masterpiece on my other blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP