January 18 - 18/365

1/18/10


I went for my first "official" photo walk today. "Official" in the sense that I'm walking around with a camera on purpose while NOT on vacation. Solely for the purpose of taking photos. It was a great day to do it since the weather was milder and thus more people were out enjoying the sunshine. There were a number of photos that I really liked, but I thought this one was fun - reminds me of my childhood. Check out my other photos from the day on my "Experimenting with Life" blog.

3 comments:

Photo Bug January 18, 2010 at 6:28 PM  

I need to go on a photo walk!! Right now it is pouring rain though. I like the photo and the idea of it, but (i think) it would be better if you could see the people better instead of them being mostly silhouettes.

elizabethashleyphoto January 18, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

Fabulous!! I checked out your other ones from the photo walk, and those are really great as well. I love your stuff.

I actually really enjoy the silhouette effect!

Melissa January 18, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

Thanks for the feedback! I was stuck with the direct sunlight and knew the people would be dark, so I tried to go with it. I got a few photos of these people from another angle that weren't dark, but I didn't like the composition as much, so I tried to use the dark shadows to my advantage and went more the B&W/high contrast route.

I actually think some of the other photos I took today were much better overall, but I chose to showcase this one becuase most of my shots have been of things instead of people and I'm really trying to work on that area. Thanks for following my blog and keep the feedback coming! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP