March 30 - 89/365

4/1/10

28-135mm lens @ 44mm, f/4, 1/25, ISO 800

Do you remember my upcoming trip to Europe that I mentioned before? Well we are leaving for Germany in just over a month, and one of my major thoughts about this trip was how to pack my gear. When I went to Italy and Greece last year, I brought the Canon brand backpack you see in the background. I got this pack as a gift when I got my Canon dSLR. It's specifically made for holding camera gear, which is great, but it's not really good for holding much else, such as guidebooks and other day pack items. And it's a bit heavy.

So I decided to make a new bag for myself that would be lighter and easier to carry a few pieces of equipment around while sightseeing, plus a little room for a guide book. So I bought a lightweight canvas bag from Target and hand sewed some padded inserts for the inside. I also made some padded dividers with velcro on the ends so that I can customize the inside depending on what equipment I want to carry that day. I'm really happy with how the bag turned out and even got to give it a "test drive" over the weekend! Can't wait to bring it to Germany....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP