April 15 - 105/365

4/15/10

28-135mm lens @ 50mm, f/7.1, 1/100, ISO 200

So at least I took a photograph of something other than a flower today, although this wasn't the shot that I had envisioned taking. Today is Tax Day in the US, so I had this grand idea of taking a photo of the post office with a huge line of people, all anxious to get their taxes postmarked before the end of the day. I drove by the post office, but there was no line. And there were too many cars because of an accident. And the people were.... boring. And uninspiring. Bummer. So I figured I would take a shot of the mailboxes that also probably saw a LOT of action today.

I also tried some new color layering effects on this image described on iffles, using additional dark red and black layers. I'm not sure what I initially knew what these layers would do to my photo, but I love the end result. It makes the blue of the mailbox pop so much more than just sliding the saturation bar. Definitely something I will be playing around with more in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP