April 19 - 109/365

4/22/10

28 - 135mm lens @ 80mm, f/5, 1/15, ISO 400

I love to bake, which I know I have mentioned before, but I also love to cook. I'm one of those cooks that does better when I have a recipe to go off of. I might deviate or improvise a little bit, but I usually stick pretty close to the recipe and thankfully am pretty good at following directions. So if the recipe is good, the meal is usually good. Tonight I spent my evening trying out of a new recipe for tomorrow night's dinner. The recipe was a play off of a traditional recipe - eggplant parmesan. The twist was that instead of fried breaded eggplant, the sliced eggplant was broiled and then wrapped around a filling that contains ricotta, parmesan, and swiss chard. The coolest part of the recipe? The amazing colors of the swiss chard! Such pretty colors, I had to snap a photo. And by the way.... the recipe was fantastic! Although nothing tops a classic....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP