March 29 - 88/365

4/1/10

28-135mm lens @ 53mm, f/4.5, 1/8, ISO 800

I would have rather spent my evening thinking about a creative or artistic photo to take. But instead, I spent my entire evening rescuing files from my portable hard drive. That black piece of junk next to my computer. I am happy to report that I got the drive working again, and ALL my photos have been transferred to the laptop. Yea! But in order to get all those photos off, I had to hold the power cord into the drive VERY tight. Not moving a muscle. For over an hour. My fingers were hurting - I sure love my photos.....

Tonights ordeal also made me remember that I haven't burned my photos in too long. And it made me wonder... how many copies or "backups" is enough? I'm starting to think after this latest episode that 3 would be good. One on a hard drive. One on a CD/DVD. And maybe one on an online backup source. Any thoughts suggestions? What works for you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP