July 3 - 184/365

7/19/10

50mm lens, f/1.8, 1/4, ISO 400

This image definitely goes into that "I don't know how I managed to take this" folder. I was coming home late at night from a movie with friends and was looking around outside in the dark for photo since my day was just about up and I needed a photo still. I had already tried capturing lightning bugs the other day unsuccessfully, but another one caught my eye. It was barely blinking, but also not moving in a tree next to our driveway. When I tried to get a closer look, I realized that what I had actually spotted in the dark was a lightning bug caught up in a spider web. I ran inside to grab my speedlight flash and somehow managed to focus well enough in the pitch black dark to get this image of the spider spinning its web while holding on to its midnight snack. Can't believe I even saw it, let alone managed to capture it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP